15 February 2010

Review: Perfect Fifths By: Megan McCafferty

Title: Perfect Fifths
Author: Megan McCafferty
Publisher: Crown, 258 Pages (April 14th 2009)
From: Amazon

Synopsis: Old flames are reignited in the fifth and final book in the New York Times bestselling Jessica Darling series.

Captivated readers have followed Jessica through every step and misstep: from her life as a tormented, tart-tongued teenager to her years as a college grad stumbling toward adulthood. Now a young professional in her mid-twenties, Jess is off to a Caribbean wedding. As she rushes to her gate at the airport, she literally runs into her former boyfriend, Marcus Flutie. It’s the first time she's seen him since she reluctantly turned down his marriage proposal three years earlier–and emotions run high.

Marcus and Jessica have both changed dramatically, yet their connection feels as familiar as ever. Is their reunion just a fluke or has fate orchestrated this collision of their lives once again?

Told partly from Marcus’s point of view, Perfect Fifths finally lets readers inside the mind of the one person who’s both troubled and titillated Jessica Darling for years. Expect nothing less than the satisfying conclusion fans have been waiting for, one perfect in its imperfection. . . .

Review: 3.5 Stars - It's hard for me to write this review. The fourth book and now this book just fell a little flat to me. I understand that characters need to grow and with that growth comes change in who they are and how they act and react to the people around them. It's just that these characters - Jessica and Marcus felt like such different people that I didn't even feel like I was reading the same series.

I loved the first three books. Loved them with a capital "L" even, and then with book four I felt let down and even a bit confused. Knowing that this would be the last in the series I knew I'd read it no matter what to see where our two main characters would end up.

Jessica and Marcus have had a crazy relationship to say the very least. The up's the down's and all the crazy parts inbetween. I was in many ways happy with the outcome and where the end of this series took us. I felt closure with things. I just think that it was a bit short or rushed even. I loved all the dialogue between Jessica and Marcus, their happy crazy banter was always a huge sell for me and their story. It was nice to have such a large part of this book be devoted to just that. It was for this reason alone that I gave this the rating that I did. Plus, they felt more like the Jessica and Marcus I knew and loved in the first three books.

It's always sad when a series of books come to an end and with this it all felt right. Felt like a great place to leave these two and without giving anything away to anyone, I'll just leave it at that.

If you've read any of the other books in this series, it's well worth the reading the final book. I think everyone will be happy to see what unfolds throughout for Jessica and Marcus. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I DID pay for this book and have NOT been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. The fourth book fell flat to me, too. I didn't enjoy it even close as much as I did the first three. But I thought she ended the series very well with this fifth book and it's exactly where I thought she should have ended it. I enjoyed this book a lot and am glad you enjoy this series as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love