13 May 2011

Title: The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen, 359 Pages (August 1st 2010)
From: purchased from Amazon

Synopsis: Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Review: 4.5 Stars - The Iron Daughter, the second book in the Iron Fey series by author Julie Kagawa is the continuing story of main character Meghan and picks up right where The Iron King left off. Kagawa has created, for me, a sequel that was more thrilling and entertaining than the first book and has me ready to take on book three.

Without any spoilers, I’ll just say this – Meghan is taken to the Winter Court by Prince Ash. She’s held there by Queen Mab and finds the friendship she thought she had with Ash strained as he puts a distance between them. All hell breaks loose when the Scepter of Seasons is stolen. Meghan, Ash and Puck come together (kind of) again to set out to find the Scepter and return it to Queen Mab before a war between the courts erupts. Remember, I’m trying to write this without spoilers.

The action, adventure, writing, plot and characters were fast paced making the pages turn quicker and the excitement while reading escalate. I didn’t feel there were any lulls in the story and really felt that the characters were stronger then ever.

Meghan has grown so much from the beginning of The Iron King, Ash continues to maintain his icy personality but there’s so much more to him than just that. It’s the little moments here and there that he breaks out of that ice and we see another side of him making him a character you can’t help but love. Then there’s Puck. He has that ever present good guy with a bad side you don’t often see but know it’s lurking under the surface and don’t want to be on the wrong side of.

Good things and bad things happen for each character and between all three along the way, but that’s how it goes when you’re dealing with fey. The ending was perfect and I can only imagine what’ll happen to the three in The Iron Queen. They have faced a lot and made it through; will they make it through next time?

So far this is my favorite of the first two books. I fell for the story and can’t wait to read more. Kagawa’s writing and characters will have readers looking for what’s next quicker than she can write it. It’s not often a second book in a series comes in better than the first, but in this case for Kagawa it holds true, Enjoy.

FTC Disclaimer: I DID pay for this book, and have NOT been compensated at all in any way or means for reading this book and or writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Enjoyed the 2nd book better too. I loved the tension in this book. I'm looking forward to reading the 3rd. It's on my shelf - just need to get to it. Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I -just- finished this series last night. So. good! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love