10 May 2012

Title: Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Harper, 374 Pages (January 3rd, 2012)
From: the Publisher
Format: ARC
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered. This was worse.

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - known as The Death Shop - are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild - a savage - and her only hope of staying alive.

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile - everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.


Review: 5 Stars - Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi is a thrilling, brilliantly written story with characters I became engrossed and invested in.

This is hands down one of the best books I’ve read this year! Once I started reading, I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to keep up with the pace of Rossi’s writing. I loved the landscape, I loved the characters and I loved how easily it was to get lost in the story. When it happens while reading, it’s one of the best feelings ever.

Inside the dome the city of Reverie life is simple in the fact that no one does anything exciting or worthwhile. They do everything that would be considered to be fun or living… virtually. Want to go hunting in a forest, simply create the world virtually and using an implanted eye piece you’re there. Think it, imagine it and  you can do it. 

I loved the twists, big and small, the harsh world that forced our main female character Aria to grow and change to survive in the wild. I loved her strength she found as she helped Perry search for what was taken.
Aria had what she thought was the perfect life. Inside, away from the deadly Aether storms and away from the cruel and deadly savages that live in the dangerous world outside. In a society that lives most of their lives in a virtual world, being exiled is one of the worst things that could happen to a girl. Sadly, Aria finds herself in some trouble and finds herself alone and scared in the last place she’d ever want to end up. Outside, in the place they call “The Death Shop”. 

Perry has a mind of his own and his brother, the ruler of their clan has other ideas in mind for Perry and his people. Perry knows it’s just a matter of time before things have to change, and when news of his betrayal reach his brother and their clan he’s forced to leave and do anything it takes to get back the one thing that was taken.

Aria and Perry are two totally different people from one another. When the two meet, they must learn to help each other survive if they are going to help Aria find her mother and Perry find what was taken from him.

The two are fantastically written characters and the budding romance isn’t instant. Their rocky relationship is built over time, learning and trust that must t be fought for and earned rather than given. They both come from two totally different worlds, with only the bias from each clan to teach them of the other. This leads to a great prejudice between them that is great to see eventually broken down.

I seriously loved both of these characters! The writing is so amazing that you can’t help but be absorbed into the pages and immersed into the world. The story and the characters stick with you and once you start reading, you won’t be able to put the book down. I found hours lost when reading, and those hours felt like the blink of an eye, it’s just THAT good.

All in all, I can’t say enough praise for the author and all she’s created in this first installment in this new series. I’ll be waiting what’ll feel like forever until the next book comes out. I’ll be thinking about this book for a long time to come and I think you will to. If you haven’t read this one, the only thing you’ll be sorry for is asking yourself why you waited so long to pick this one up.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

4 comments:

  1. twists big and small ..characters you loved..and no insta-love..why haven't I read this already. Awesome review..i need to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! Another one I am going to have to move up in my pile. 5 stars.. wow! :D

    Allison @ Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved that their romance wasn't instant but instead developed over time and actually getting to know each other. As they grew to knew each other, I felt even more for the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book :D it will be a favorite of the year for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love