30 April 2013

Title: No Attachments
Author: Tiffany King
Publisher: A.T. Publishing LLC, 302 Pages (April 30th, 2013)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: ** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations, language and mature subject matter **

Ashton Garrison walked away from a privileged life in order to hide from the one thing she's not willing to face. She knows she left behind a trail of pain, but in the long run, her betrayal will hurt less than the truth. She now has one goal: Live life to the fullest with no regrets and no attachments. She has high hopes that a move to new surroundings will provide the escape she desires, but what Ashton doesn't count on is how fate always seems to find a way to screw up any good plan. Sometimes, when love comes knocking, the pull is too strong not to answer. Suddenly, what she thought she wanted to escape from is what Ashton now wants more than anything.

Nathan Lockton has one mission: find his target and complete the task he was hired to do—no attachments and no emotion necessary. He's done it over and over again. What he thought was a typical lost-and-found job has turned into a life examining moment as Nathan is forced to deal with something he has always ignored--his feelings. Now faced with a decision, Nathan must choose to either follow his heart or complete the job.

Love can come when you least expect it. The question is: If the odds are stacked against you, how far are you willing to go for the one you love?

Review: 4 Stars - Author Tiffany King’s latest title, No Attachments is another welcomed contemporary in the ever exciting “New Adult” category. Two characters with secrets, hiding from their pasts meet and form a mutual beneficial relationship with often hilarious, laugh out loud results.

Ashton doesn't want to face some of the uglier sides of her life so she packs up some things and leaves. Wanting nothing more but to vanish for awhile and live her life without fear. She is determined and secretive and with the friendship of two girls in the small town she’s moved to is looking for a one night stand. She doesn't want love or attachments but she’s never had a one night stand. That’s when the perfect stranger walks into the bar.

Nathan is just as mysterious as Ashton and the banter between the two on that first meeting was laugh out loud funny. Often throughout the book I caught myself laughing uncontrollably and I have to say, it was a pleasant surprise! Anyone who can make me laugh like I did deserves props, *bows down* to King for writing some amazing one liners & conversations.

I loved Nathan. I loved Ashton and Nathan together. They were both dealing with their pasts and unknowingly changed the other. Nathan might be there to do a job, but he’s finding out that his past rules aren't always as easy to follow as they used to be. Ashton makes him question these rules and his feelings on attachments. Nathan might just be the guy to crack through Ashtons’ tough armor and vise versa.

One part of the book that I loved – besides the characters and the writing and how funny it was, was the whole play on words when it comes to “Riding a Bike”. Every time the two characters talked about this subject I was giddy.  I also liked how perfectly un-perfect King made her characters. Neither was someone I couldn't relate to and I loved how personable and real they were. There was nothing over the top about any part of this story and that was a pleasure to read.

The twist to the story I didn't see coming until it was pretty much upon us. I was just so wrapped up in the story that I didn't even bother to try to guess. Once I figured out what was going on and saw more of both of their pasts it didn't faze me one bit that I figured it out.

All in all, I loved this book! When I finished the book, I wasn't ready for the ending. I wanted to keep reading and to stay in the world that King had created for Ashton and Nathan. I wanted to be that fly on the wall to see what was next for the two. I’m thrilled that I read this novel. I could see myself rereading in the near further. This might be my first title by King but it won’t be my last. I’m looking forward to reading more from her in the future, I can’t wait! Anyone who loves a great contemporary should check out this title, you’ll laugh, you’ll swoon and you’ll love these two characters just like I have. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review and for being a part of the release for No Attachments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review.. Indeed one of the best famous authors books to read..!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love