15 September 2013

Book Review: Take Me Now By: Faith Sullivan

Title: Take Me Now (Take Me Now #1)
Author: Faith Sullivan
Publisher: (July 16th, 2013)
From: the Author
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads
Order online here: Amazon, Barnes and NobleAmazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: How do you survive the internship from hell?

Don't fall in love.

Ivy thought being a reporter-in-training at the Independent Gazette would be her dream summer job. Little did she know, interviewing Eric, a landscaper with a heart of gold, would derail her plans. It turns out Ivy's boss, Lauren, has been eying his chiseled physique for quite some time.

But at twenty-four, Eric already has a tragic past, one that he is still reeling from. Even though his ordeal turned him into some sort of local celebrity, it's been a while since he's shared his bed with anyone. When he comes to Ivy's rescue out of the blue, it's not long before the two of them start seeing each other behind Lauren's back. When they get caught, Ivy's journey toward a college degree is jeopardized and her relationship with Eric is severely put to the test.

Career versus love? In the end, a shocking turn of events provides Ivy with a revelation she never saw coming.

Review: 3 Stars - Take Me Now by Faith Sullivan is the first in a series introducing readers to characters Ivy and Eric. Fans of “New Adult” contemporary titles this one’s for you!

College student Ivy takes a job at a local news paper to finish part of her on the job training that’s required for her to graduate. It’s all she’s ever wanted to do so she takes the task and jumps in with both feet.

Eric, owner of a garden center is quiet and has already dealt with more than anyone should his age. He is trying to heal and wants only to lead a life out of the spotlight. It proves difficult to do when owner of the Independent Gazette, Lauren takes more than a little interest in him. Lauren wants him for more than his unwanted celebrity status for her newspaper; she wants a relationship with him. Sadly he’s just not interested.

Lauren is one nasty character. Actually there is someone from Ivy’s past who is pretty nasty as well. Put the two together and it’s nothing but trouble for Ivy and Eric.

While I did enjoy the book it felt a bit rushed and in the end I thought the whole story could have been fleshed out a bit. It read more as a “serial” title than the first in a series. It was a good story, had a couple of things that I wasn’t expecting which was a definite highlight while reading. Anytime I’m shocked or surprised while reading makes me a fan.

While there were things that I didn’t love, the things that I liked outweighed them. I liked how sweet and broken Eric was. I liked that Ivy did things time and time again to try to achieve the dream job she wanted more than anything. I liked learning more about the painful parts of Eric’s past and just how deeply he had been affected. I liked how much I hated the Lauren and the other minor character from Ivy’s past because of… well, I can’t tell you, you’ll just have to read it and find out.

In the end I really enjoyed this title and the ending left me wanting to see what happens next and if you ask me that’s one of the important key’s to making a good book. Future readers should know that this one flows quickly and would be easily enjoyed in one sitting. Those who love “New Adult” as I do and fans of contemporary titles should grab this title and give it a try, also be sure to add this one to your To Be Read List, because I think you’ll enjoy this story and be ready to see what’s going to happy next for Ivy and Eric and just what trouble awaits them around the next corner. Happy reading.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love