19 June 2014

Title: Come Back To Me
Author: Sarah Alderson writing as Mila Gray
Publisher: Pan Macmillan, 373 pages (June 19th 2014)
From: Netgalley eBook from Publisher
Format: e-book
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: AmazonAmazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: Home on leave in sunny California, Marine and local lothario Kit Ryan finds himself dangerously drawn to his best friend's sister, Jessa - the one girl he can't have.

But Kit's not about to let a few obstacles stand in his way and soon Jessa's falling for his irresistible charms.

What starts out as a summer romance of secret hook-ups and magical first times quickly develops into a passionate love affair that turns both their worlds upside down.

When summer's over and it's time for Kit to redeploy, neither Kit nor Jessa are ready to say goodbye. Jessa's finally following her dreams and Kit's discovered there's someone he'd sacrifice everything for.

Jessa's prepared to wait for Kit no matter what. But when something more than distance and time rips them apart they're forced to decide whether what they have is really worth fighting for.

A breathtaking, scorchingly hot story about love, friendship, family and finding your way back from the edge of heartbreak.

Review: 4.5 stars - Come Back to Me is the first New Adult book from Sarah Alderson, writing as Mila Gray, and I hope it’s the first of many.

The book starts with a cliff-hanger. The beginning of the book leaves an unanswered question, which if I’m honest I pushed to the back of my mind while reading. I was so engrossed with the story and didn’t want to think of anything bad happening; even though you know something has.

Jessa has been in love with her brother’s best friend Kit since her early teens. Kit has always been there for her, the friend she can talk to and rely on for a listening ear.

Kit and Riley (Jessa’s brother) are “Inseparable. Closer than brothers”; which is where they may have a problem. Kit knows he shouldn’t go there, but on Jessa’s birthday they find themselves drawn to each other.
They only have weeks until Kit is redeployed to him next post with the marines. So any time they have together needs to be well spent and a world wind secret romance commences.

This book is guaranteed to play with every emotion; on more than one occasion I was brought to tears. The love story between Jessa and Kit develops through little events and actions, and although it is only a matter of a few weeks, you feel like you’ve been witness to their relationship for months. There’s one particular moment in the book- a quote in an email. Prepare to need tissues!

I’ve read a few NA novels, and sometimes sexy scenes come across as inappropriate and are there for the sake of it. Thankfully Gray’s scenes are well written and romantic and only help to build the relationship between Jessa and Kit and how the reader bonds with the characters.

Come Back to Me has a solid story line, lovable characters, heartbreak, tragedy and the ability to keep the reader wanting more, page after page.

Having read and loved Alderson’s other books, I applied for the ARC of Come Back to Me with high expectations and it did not disappoint. There was something when reading it that has left a ‘mark’ with me that I know I will never forget.


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. I totally just mentioned the same thing with sex scenes and NA in my review of More Than Music! I kind of hate it when NA books have so many of those scenes just because it's expected or something. I'd rather follow a slow burn romance or have sex scenes mean something to the characters and the plot, so it's awesome when books (like More Than Music, and this one) have that.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love