30 August 2014

Title: Be My Hero (Forbidden Men #3)
Author: Linda Kage
Publisher: (August 25th, 2014)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

Check out my review: Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men #1)
Synopsis: Once upon a time, there was this pampered rich girl who was kind of full of herself. She really only cared about appearances and hiding all her dark, ugly secrets under the guise of an opinionated snob. But then Eva Mercer got pregnant, shot by a psycho, and kicked out of the only home she knew. Now she’s broke, unemployed, and has to start anew with a newborn to raise. But how?

On the other side of town, sexy, tattooed orphan, Patrick Ryan, can’t get a break. He’s out on parole for defending the last damsel in distress while trying to help her support her child, but all he wants is to find his one true love. He knows this woman by scent, smile, and laugh, but he’s never actually met her. He doesn’t even know her name. He just knows she’s the key to fixing everything.

One kind of hero can save you from physical harm. Another can rescue you from a different kind of doom. To reach their dreams, Eva and Pick can save each other. But first, they must open their hearts and learn how to trust.

Review: 5 Starts - Be My Hero, the third title in the Forbidden Men series from author Linda Kage is a new favorite! After reading the previous two titles in this series this one is now a tie with Price of Kiss.

Before I start in talking about and swooning over Patrick Ryan, aka Pick I wanted to mention that while these books are a series, they are stand along titles. Each book is about a different male and female lead character, yet all of their stories are a bit intertwined. You won’t miss anything by not reading the previous books, but by reading them you’ll get a fuller idea about everybody and how they relate. So with that out of the way…. Let’s talk about these two characters featured in this title!

We’ve had a chance to meet them in the previous installment yet in this title we find out who these two really are. So, we have Eva and Pick, both from different walks of life.  Eva the rich girl who wanted for nothing and had everything handed to her. And Pick grew up in the system taking care of those around him who he loves and cares about. And when these two meet, the attraction is there, yet it couldn’t be at the worst time for both – Eva is pregnant, broke and without a job and Pick, well… you’ll have to read the story to find out what’s preventing him from pursuing his feelings for Eva.

Eva we’ve known since the first book – Price of a Kiss, to say she’s changed from that book to this one is an understatement. She’d be on her own without her cousin by her side and it works to humble her. It might take a bit of time but between having no one to lean on, at least as she’s accustomed to, it does affect her and readers have a chance to see it happen right before our eyes.

And Pick… what can I say about this good guy in a bad, bad boy shell? WOW! SWOON! And it’s heartbreaking at all the same time. He a hero through and through and you can’t help but cheer for him from beginning to end. His choices might not be the best but you see how he’s just trying his best to do what he thinks is the right thing in the moment. He’s been dealt a terrible hand time and time again and yet he makes the most of it. Works hard for what he has and to give to others and seriously, my heart couldn’t take it for this guy!

The whole story is somewhat magical due to a vivid memory that happened when Pick was younger. He has believed his soul mate is out there and he knows exactly who she looks like so when Eva walks into his life he can’t believe those memories from when he was a kid are finally coming true.

They each have their scars and issues with trust and with good cause. It isn’t until both of their lives come back to haunt them, more than once that you see just who these two really are and, man… let me tell you… there’s some heart stopping moments that’ll make you hold your breath and your heart race.

In the end I can’t talk enough about this book… or this series as a whole. I LOVE them! These guys and their stories, along with the women they find to fill in that place in their hearts and souls, I can’t get enough! Linda writes some truly great characters! I commend her and she’s one of those authors that I’ll read anything she writes.

If you are looking for a great contemporary “New Adult” title, you’ve come to the right place. These are perfect and I can’t recommend these books more! So, what are you waiting for? Go read!!! Get all three and Read, read, READ!


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love